What We Do > The Programme
3rd NUWSRP: Project Key Data
|Total Bank financing||US$ 250m|
|Proposed terms||Standard IDA, with 40-years maturity|
|Project Implementation Period||Start: February 12, 2015 End: June 30, 2020|
|Project effective Date||February 12, 2015|
|Planned Closing Date||June 30, 2020|
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES AND KEY INDICATORS
The Project's principal development outcomes are to:
- Increase access to improve water supply service in seleceted cities and urban centres in Bauchi, Ekiti and Rivers States.
- Improve the financial viability of the urban water utilities in Bauchi, Ekiti and Rivers States.
THE PROJECT HAS THREE COMPONENTS
- Sector Reforms and Water Supply Investment: Supporting the SWAs complete the mapping of the users, understanding the basics of water business. Rehabilitation of water production and expansion of distribution facilities..
- Governance, Institutional Strengthening and Human Capacity Development.Finance support of the Federal Government to Nine States (Kano, Gombe, Jigawa, Benue, Ondo, Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa and Plateau) for non reimbursable technical assistance consisting of studies, training, goods and also relatively small but critical emergency and rehabilitation works.Makes the States finance ready for large investment, ensuring that adequate technical, environmental and social provisions are incorporated into the investment plan.
- Sector Wide Improvement and Project Management at the Federal Level: This component is to assist the Federal in technical assistance, training and workshops for FPIU and FMWR staff and FPIU incremental operating cost. Project performance monitoring to support institutional reforms.
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources
- Bauchi State Water Corporation
- Ekiti State Water Corporation
- Port Harcourt Water Corporation